Men and women through the ages have used styling products for the perfect hairdo. Unfortunately, today’s hair products can be expensive and are loaded with undesirable ingredients. This homemade hair wax is easy to make, economical, natural, and works great! The pure essential oils add a pleasing scent and is healthy for your hair and scalp. Great for that picture-perfect-do!
Foto: Library of Congress
Benefits of using Essential Oils for your hair
- Rosemary essential oil can has some great benefits to your hair. Francesc Casadó Galcerá made so very interesting discoveries in his research on hair. He made a patent for a shampoo after his studies showed that a mixture of hops, rosemary, and swertia gave a
- 22.4% increases in new hair growth
- an increase in “rapid” hair growth
- a decrease in hair loss after shampooing.
- Peppermint essential oil is shown to actively promote hair growth and naturally thicken and nourish damaged hair. See for instance this interesting Pub Med research on peppermint oil for hair growth
You will need
.75 ounces beeswax
.5 ounce shea butter
.75 ounces Fractionated Coconut Oil
10 drops Peppermint essential oil (optional, but recommended)
10 drops Rosemary essential oil (optional, but recommended)
Tin or glass jar with lid
Tip to get the most out of this homemade hair wax
- For harder hair wax, use 1 ounce beeswax and .5 ounces Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- For softer hair wax, use .75 ounces shea butter and 1 ounce Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in glass container.
- Place jar in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture in empty tin or glass jar with lid.
- Let hair wax rest 1-2 hours.
Apply a small amount to fingers and style as desired. A little wax goes a long way
- Choose organic ingredients when possible
- You can find most of the ingredients in your local health food store or online at amazon
- We only use 100% pure essential oils of the best quality. Find out what we recommend here.
Recipe adapted from https://doterra.com/US/en/blog-products