This amazing homemade shaving cream with natural lubricants and essential oils improves razor glide for a close, comfortable shave and will leave skin silky smooth and moisturized. Makes a perfect homemade gift for men and women alike. Oh, and don’t forget to make a jar for yourself ;-).
You will need
1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Sandalwood essential oil (optional, but highly recommended)
5 drops Peppermint essential oil ( “ )
5 drops Melaleuca essential oil ( “ )
Large mouth jar or other container
Benefits of using Essential Oils for your skin
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil has strong cleansing properties. Research has shown Melaleuca to be effective against acne.
- Peppermint works great for toning the skin and prevents clogging of pores.
- Sandalwood essential oils is great for softening the skin, relieve itching, and to clear complexion.
- Place all ingredients except for essential oils in double boiler (or glass bowl in a larger pot with about an inch of boiling water). Stir until melted.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir until combined.
- Let shaving cream rest until hard (can be put in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process).
- Using hand or stand mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
- Place in container of choice.
Tips for even better homemade shaving cream
- Choose organic ingredients when possible
- You can find most of the ingredients in your local health food store or online at amazon
- We only use 100% pure essential oils of the best quality. Find out what we recommend here.
Recipe adapted from https://doterra.com/US/en/blog-products
FREE E-book and natural health tips!
"Beginner's Guide to Essential Oils"
a 50 page practical guide on Essential Oils and how to use them