Body wraps are all the rage right now, and according to many wrap enthusiasts, is a perfect way to tighten up that tummy for a special occasion. Apparently, the results don’t last forever, but still it’s not a bad deal when you need a quick fix. However, it is important to keep in mind that wraps should in no way replace good nutrition and exercise.
I haven’t tried any wrap method yet, but I am willing to give this one a go. There are different kinds of wraps out there, but the Slim and Sassy Body Wrap Detox Body Wrap uses certified pure essential oils and seems like a good one. The oils can penetrate the skin to support the body and aid in detox.
So, if you want to try the Slim and Sassy Body Wrap Detox Body Wrap with me*, read on.
What to get:
FREE E-book and natural health tips!
"Beginner's Guide to Essential Oils"
a 50 page practical guide on Essential Oils and how to use them
- 40 drops Slim & Sassy essential oil blend (Metabolic essential oil blend?)**
- 15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops Wintergreen essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops Cypress essential oil
- 4 oz. of fractionated coconut oil
- 4 oz. glass spray bottle
- Over large cotton muslin or t-shirt (pure cotton, best washed in organic detergent. You might need 2 t-shirts if doing multiple areas)
- Plastic wrap
What to do:
- Add the essential oils and fractionated coconut oil to the spray bottle and set aside
- Take measurements of your target areas (tummy, butt, thighs, upper arms)
- Prepare the muslin or Cut the t-shirt across the chest, right under the arms and along the side, then cut into strips large enough to wrap around your target areas
- Spray the Slim & Sassy Wrap Detox Body Wrap Solution directly onto your target areas
- Wrap first with the cotton strips and then wrap the plastic wrap tightly (but not uncomfortably) around the cotton strips 3-5 times
- Leave the wrap on for at least 2 hours. I’ve heard of some people sleeping through the night with the wrap, but it may be messy and uncomfortable
- Make sure that you drink more water than normal during and after the wrap session. Oils break up toxins in your body and water flushes your system. Extra detox bonus if you add a few drops of certified pure lemon essential oil in the water
- Remove the wrap and take your measurements again
I’ve heard that you should limit your wraps to once a week, but that you can rub the solution on your target areas everyday.
Citrus oils dissolve plastics so make sure you use the muslin/t-shirt before the plastic wrap. You don’t want the petrochemicals from the plastic to enter your body.
I am looking forward to trying this on my tummy. I will give it a month, wrapping once a week and rubbing the solution on everyday. Wish me luck!
Oh, and if you are going to try this yourself, let me know what you did and how it worked. Happy wrapping!
*If you have health concerns be sure to consult your health practitioner. This wrap is not for breastfeeding mothers as peppermint can lower milk supply.
**It is important to use 100% pure essential oils! I can only vouch for one oil company. Click here and look under 8 to see how important quality is and to find out what I recommend.