Who doesn’t love a great bubble bath? Unfortunately, most commercial bubble baths are full of artificial chemicals and fragrances and can be irritating to your skin. Now, while this homemade bubble bath is not going to provide the big, lasting bubbles you get from synthetic ingredients, it is a great way to avoid chemicals while still enjoying the fun and relaxing elements of a bubble bath. This bubble bath is gentle on your skin and can be customized with your favorite essential oil. I love lavender for times when I need to stress down and relax and peppermint with wild orange for an energizing bath.
You will need
1 cup unscented castile soap
1/2 cup vegetable glycerin
2 tablespoons water
15 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional, but highly recommended)
Glass jar for storage
Recommended essential oils:
- Wild Orange
Benefits of using Lavender Essential Oil for stress
Lavender is well known for its relaxing properties and this is being studies more and more. Read for instance this study where they investigated the effects of lavender oil on the central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, and mood responses in humans after inhalation (See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22612017)
- Combine castile soap, glycerin, and water into glass bowl.
- Add essential oils.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into glass container. To use, add 1/4-1/2 cup of bubble bath mixture to warm, running bath water.
Tips for the best homemade bubble bath
- Choose organic ingredients when possible
- You can find most of the ingredients in your local health food store or online at amazon
- We only use 100% pure essential oils of the best quality. Find out what we recommend here.
Recipe adapted from https://doterra.com/US/en/blog-products